Thursday, August 5, 2010

Veggie Pasta

I found this pasta when wandering the pasta aisle for dinner ideas.  I thought it would make a great toddler food, and for 4oz. you get a full serving of veggies! (at least that's what the box says) I normally like tri-color rotini, but this one was different, it actually tasted like vegetables.  The dish was very yummy, and best of all, Jake approved.

Ingredients
1 lb Ronzoni Garden Delight Rotini Pasta
1 bag frozen diced veggies (I used Cascadian Farms organic carrots, peas and corn)
2 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 cup fresh grated parmigiano reggiano cheese
Salt
Pepper

Directions
1. Cook pasta according to box, boil 9 minutes.
2. While the pasta cooks, place frozen veggies in a microwave safe bowl with 4 tablespoons of water, cover and cook on high for 6 minutes (I do 2 minutes over the maximum time on the instructions to ensure soft toddler friendly vegetables).
3. When pasta is done cooking, drain and place back in the pot and toss with olive oil,  garlic powder, parmigiana cheese, cooked vegetables, salt and pepper to taste.

toddler = approved!


I made the full batch of pasta and divided it up in Rubbermaid Take & Toss containers.  Note - I really like these because of their twist lock feature.  I'll pop them out of the freezer to the fridge the day I want to serve them to defrost, or just do right from freezer to the microwave.  They also travel well to daycare if planning meals ahead at the beginning of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails